- All firearms must be registered with Fort Hunter Liggett (FHL) Police Department to the person in posession of the firearm prior to hunting on Fort Hunter Liggett
- A copy of the FHL Firearms Permit must be retained by the person in possession of the firearm at all times when on FHL for authorized activities and presented to Law Enforcement personnel upon request.
- Hunting firearm registration and enforcement is a Police Department process and function, done at the Visitor Control Center (VCC). The Hunt & Fish Program does NOT handle, process, or track Firearms Registration.
- Firearms used by minors must be registered to their adult sponsor. The same firearm can be registered to more than one user.
- It is your responsibility to comply with this (and all) FHL requirements to hunt or fish on FHL. Failure to do so may result in administrative (e.g., loss of FHL privileges) or criminal procedures, or both.
- There is no registration for archery equipment.
To access the FHL Firearms Registration Form, select the link: Hunting Firearms Registration Form. The completed Firearms Registration Form may be emailed or mailed to the contact below, or dropped off at the gaurd shack at the main gate on Mission Road. The Visitor Control Center is temporarily closed until further notice as of 16 July 2020.