ACCESS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS
Prior to purchasing a FHL Hunting or Fishing Permit, everyone, without a Department of Defense (DoD)-issued ID Card, must complete a criminal background check through FHL Security. Anyone with a valid Common Access Card (CAC) or Military Privileges Card is already vetted to be on FHL, and they simply need to email the Hunt and Fish Program a photo of their DoD-issued ID.
HOW TO GET VETTED
Email your Access Request Form (as PDF file type) with a copy of your acceptable photo ID as attachments to security at: email@example.com
- The 2023-24 Access Request Form (←click link) is required for the next hunt year.
- The Visitor Control Center requires Access Request Forms be emailed as PDF file type rather than an image file.
- Vetting and firearm registration can take up to 30 days.
- You will be contacted via email once your vetting is finished and the Visitor Control Center will email you a copy of your firearm permit once your weapons are registered.
- Use email for first line of communication about vetting. firstname.lastname@example.org Calling uses valuable vetting time and can delay processing of your application.
- Starting on 7 May 2025, FHL will no longer be able to accept IDs that are not Real ID Act Compliant.
- For more information about the federal Real ID Act of 2005, visit the Homeland Security's website at https://www.dhs.gov/real-id. Acceptable forms of identification can be found at Acceptable IDs.
MORE INFOMRATION ON VETTING
- For more installation access information call the Visitor Control Center at 831-386-3875.
- Visit https://home.army.mil/liggett/index.php/about/visitor-information for current information on vetting.