Welcome to the
U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett
iSportsman Hunt & Fish Portal
Here is where you buy permits, check area availability, check-in/-out of areas, report game harvested or fish caught, and more. All hunters and anglers are required to go through this portal to access the privilege of hunting and fishing at FHL. To properly use iSportsman, you should read and understand the educational materials available on this website.
PUBLIC ACCESS TO HUNT AND FISH
FHL Hunt and Fish Program is open to the public. Anyone with a valid California Hunting or Fishing License, an iSportsman account, and passes a criminal background check through FHL Law Enforcement is eligible to buy a permit. All purchases are online through your account with a major credit or debit card. All sales are final. FHL follows and enforces all California Fish and Game laws and regulations, including fish and game seasons, bag/harvest limits, and required tags and/or stamps. When the FHL mission requirements allow, fishing is available daily and hunting is typically available on weekends and federal holidays.
RESOURCES FOR NEW USERS
- Beginner's Guide (←click link) Info on account registration, hold removal and permit purchasing.
- Steps to Obtain a Permit (←click link)
- Check-in/-Out & Harvest Reporting (←click link)
- NEW Hunt and Fish Navigation Map (GIS enabled for import into mapping apps on your smart phone) (←click link)
- 2022-23 Annual Hunting Permits are now available for purchase if you have your 2022-23 CA Hunting License and recent vetting clearance (since JAN 2022). For annual vetting see https://fthunter.isportsman.net/BackgroundCheck.aspx.
- 2022 Revision to the FHL Hunting and Fishing Regulation now available: https://fthunter.isportsman.net/HuntandFishReg.aspx
- A wild pig research study is being conducted on FHL. You are allowed to harvest collared and ear-tagged pigs. If you do harvest a marked pig, contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Wildlife Services Division at 661-765-2511 to return the collar or ear tag.
- The Adult H&F Guest Pass is required for all adult (18+) guests. Hunt and Fish Guests are defined as persons not hunting or fishing but accompanying a registered hunter or angler. The Adult H&F Guest Pass is available through iSportsman and each adult guest must have their own iSportsman account, be vetted for access, and acknowledge safety briefs like other permit holders.
- Recreational boating (to include all floating devices) is currently NOT ALLOWED at FHL. The FHL Hunt and Fish Regulation (FHL 420-26) requires that boats be certified as mussel-free. Until a boat inspection program is developed for FHL to prevent the spread of invasive zebra and quagga mussels, boats will not be allowed. Launching a boat into FHL water bodies may result in loss of hunting and fishing privileges.
- Non-lead Ammo: Lead ammo prohibition will be enforced. This applies to any projectiles, including air gun pellets.
- Annual Vetting: Remember, proof of vetting is an annual requirement for all hunters and anglers, even if you have been vetted the previous year.
- Early Check-in: Check-in through your account starts at 2:00 PM the day before. Early check-in does NOT mean early entry. Access is not permitted into hunt areas or fishing ponds until two hours before sunrise.
- Vehicle Pass: Remember to print and bring your Vehicle Pass. (←click link)
FHL CAMPGROUND IS OPEN
- Primitive camping no electric or sewer $10.00 per night.
- Site with electric $15.00 per night.
- Payments made at the entrance of the campground in the honor pole.
- Campers must fill out information on the payment envelope and place camp pass in vehicle.
For more campground information see https://hunterliggett.armymwr.com/programs/outdoor-recreation.
Do you have FHL hunting or fishing photos you would like to share?
Email us your pictures for Photo Gallery consideration.
See Photo Gallery Submission Requirements (←click link)
Fort Hunter Liggett
Hunt & Fish Program
Directorate of Public Work
P.O. Box 7091
Fort Hunter Liggett, California 93928
Updated: 2 FEB 2021