Welcome to the
U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett
iSportsman Hunt & Fish Portal
Here is where you buy permits, check area availability, check-in/-out of areas, report game harvested or fish caught, and more. All hunters and anglers are required to go through this portal to access the privilege of hunting and fishing at FHL. To properly use iSportsman, you should read and understand the educational materials available from this website.
PUBLIC ACCESS TO HUNT AND FISH
FHL Hunt and Fish Program is open to the public. Anyone with a valid California Hunting or Fishing License, an iSportsman account, and passes a criminal background check through FHL Law Enforcement is eligible to buy a permit. All purchases are online through your account with a major credit or debit card. All sales are final. FHL follows and enforces all California Fish and Game laws and regulations, including fish and game seasons, bag/harvest limits, and required tags and/or stamps. When the FHL mission requirements allows, fishing is available daily and hunting is typically available on weekends and federal holidays.
RESOURCES FOR NEW USERS
- Beginner's Guide (←click link) Info on account registration, hold removal and permit purchasing.
- Steps to Obtain a Permit (←click link)
- Check-in/-Out & Harvest Reporting (←click link)
- Starting 1 JAN 2021, the "Adult H&F Guest Pass" ($5) is required for all adult (18+) guests. Hunt and Fish Guests are defined as persons not hunting or fishing but accompanying a registered hunter or angler. The Adult H&F Guest Pass is available through iSportsman and each adult guest must have their own iSportsman account, be vetted for access, and acknolwedge safety briefs like other permit holders.
- Rabbit hemorrhagic disease is a new and extremely lethal disease to rabbits. Please contact the FHL H&F Program if you encounter sick rabbits. Do not consume rabbits that appear sick. Please use gloves when cleaning rabbits and bury rabbit guts and hide underground. For more information on the disease see CA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife's fact sheet at https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=179037&inline.
- New Vetting Email Address (email@example.com). Updated 27 August 2020. The old email address is no longer being used.
- Annual Vetting: Remember, proof of vetting is an annual requirement for all hunters and anglers, even if you have been vetted the previous year.
- Early Check-in: Check-in through your account starts at 2:00 PM the day before. Early check-in does NOT mean early entry. Access is not permitted into hunt areas or fishing ponds until two hours before sunrise.
- Vehicle Pass: Remember to print and bring your Vehicle Pass. (←click link)
COVID-19 IMPACTS TO H&F ACCESS
All permit salse are final. The H&F program does not issue refunds. In the future, FHL may institute operational measures to combat Covid-19, which could include closing the H&F Program. Current Covid-19 Measures for Limited Recreational Access:
- H&F permit holders are NOT permitted FHL Cantonment (FHL's 24/7 guarded main gate) access.
- Access is restricted to 4 hunters per square mile and 8 anglers per reservoir.
For latest FHL COVID-19 information visit: https://home.army.mil/liggett/index.php/about/Garrison/public-affairs/covid-19. For the latest information and senior leader messages visit FHL Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FortHunterLiggett.
FHL CAMPGROUND IS OPEN
- Primitive camping no electric or sewer $10.00 per night.
- Site with electric $15.00 per night.
- Payments made at the entrance of the campground in the honor pole.
- Campers must fill out information on the payment envelope and place camp pass in vehicle.
For more campground information, contact MWR at (831) 386-2604 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have FHL hunting or fishing photos you would like to share?
Email us your pictures for Photo Gallery consideration.
See Photo Gallery Submission Requirements (←click link)
Fort Hunter Liggett
Hunt & Fish Program
Directorate of Public Work
P.O. Box 7091
Fort Hunter Liggett, California 93928
Updated: 26 MAY 2020